B.S. Materials Science & Eng., MIT
The Wharton School, University of Penn, MBA
Founder and President, Chrysalis Consulting, San Diego
- Business Planning, Development, and Marketing for Emerging Companies
- Project Management
- Professional Development Counseling
WHY CHRYSALIS CONSULTING?
- Small, entrepreneurial firm with a personal touch
- Founder has over 20 years experience in business development and planning, marketing and project management
- Strong MIT and Wharton alumni networks provide access and solutions
INTEGRIUM, Tustin, CA
Director, Business Development, West Coast
- Managing territory for specialty Clinical Research Organization for cardiovascular, metabolic, and dermatology clinical trials for biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies.
- Awarded 6 CRO service contracts; total revenue over $8.2 M.
MAYO CLINIC, Mayo Clinical Trial Services, San Diego, CA (Division Closed)
Senior Key Accounts Executive, West Coast
- Marketed central and specialty laboratory services for clinical trials to biotechnology companies, representing the for-profit arm of the 2nd ranked U.S. hospital for patient care.
- Managed territory ranked 1st in U.S. revenue, generating over $7 Million.
- Developed a regional marketing program with West Coast trade associations, generating over 25 qualified leads for new business development focused on biomarkers and assay development, including neuroscience / CNS companies.
CLINPHONE, San Diego, CA (Sold to Perceptive Informatics)
Business Development Manager, Southern California
- Marketed informatics solutions for clinical trials randomization and medication management to biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and medical device companies.
- Managed territory ranked 4th in U.S. revenue, developing a $4 Million territory.
DATATRAK International, San Diego, CA
Business Development Director, West Coast
- Developed new business leads on the West Coast for EDC/ E-Clinical Trials informatics firm.
- Closed clinical trials deal with a major biotechnology company with total contracts valued at $2.8 Million.
LION BIOSCIENCE, San Diego, CA (Company Closed)
Product Marketing Manager
- Direct global marketing program for cheminformatic in silico Predictive ADME Simulation System software for pharmaceutical and biotechnology drug discovery research.
- Developed iDEATM Customer Advisory Board with leading pharmaceutical clients for new product and platform developments.
MOTOROLA LIFE SCIENCES, Northbrook, IL (Division Closed)
- 2000 Recipient of the Motorola BioChip Systems’ Founders Award.
- Launched successfully the first ADME / Rat and Human gene expression microarray beta products to beta partner and Chemoinformatics firm Iconix Pharmaceuticals.
- Established relationship for Iconix with VC firm Altair Capital for mezzanine financing.
- Instituted Motorola Life Sciences’ Academic Array Program for Surmodics 3D-LinkTM amine-activated blank slides to support international university and non-profit research and to drive populated microarray market development.
CORNING SCIENCE PRODUCTS, Acton, MA
Product Manager, Modified Surfaces, Advanced Life Science Products Business (ALSP)
- Launched the Non Binding Surface (NBS), a proprietary surface technology for the ALSP assay microplate product platform, generating $1 million in first-year sales.
- Directed an on-going commercial plan for new surface technologies for the assay line, negotiating an OEM multi-million MOU with Sigma-Aldrich for streptavidin-coated microplates.
MASSACHUSETTS INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY, Cambridge, MA
Director, MIT School of Engineering
Director, Sloan School of Management
- Recruited to direct the Sloan Management of Technology Program, a one-year, $2M executive education program for 56 mid-career scientists and engineers.
- Directed marketing and admissions activities, interfaced with the faculty, provided classroom instruction, and planned and coordinated an international trip to South America.
- Reduced costs by 50% and increased student and corporate sponsor service for the Engineering Internship Program (EIP), a five-year BS/MS degree program for the School of Engineering.
- Raised over $1M for student support from high net worth individuals, foundations and corporations for the MIT MITES Program.
MBA, Wharton School of Business, Philadelphia, PA
Graduated with High Pass, concentration on Marketing
BS, Materials Science and Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA. Graduated in top 25% of the class.
Professional Certificate, Clinical Administration, UCSD Extension
BIOCOM Green Economy ( EDGE ) Industrial Biotech Immersion Program Certificate
UC San Diego Extension Specialized Certificate in Sustainable Business Practices
Orchestra Nova San Diego Board Member, Marketing & Educational Chair, 2007 to 2010
Wharton Club of San Diego, MIT Club of San Diego, and BayBio Member
North County Chamber of Commerce Planning Committee Member, Clean Tech Corridor Conference, 2011
ECOtopics, San Diego Volunteer, 2010 to Present
Conversational French; Beginning Mandarin; Traveled to 31 countries
City of San Diego Business Tax Certificate on file
References available upon request